User Reviews

  • 6 reviews
  • ( out of 6 reviews for all versions)
just another great bow on the Matthews lineup.. Mathews = superior= amazing!!!

Version: 2003 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: the Matthews single cam design offers a smooth accurate clean shot that is on time every time.

Cons: is a little bit bigger than some of the newer compound bows.70% let off

Full review:

this bow is over 10 years old has seen many many hardwoods many many pine trees and many many deer gone down. when they made this 1 they made it for life I bought mine used 5 years ago and has been a necessity when I go in the woods ever since when I am NOT hunting I am target practicing. this though is this continued but offers superior quality. maybe a little heavier and a little help here then some of your newer models 70 percent let off leaves you holding 30 percent of the draw weight. overall great bow.

Best bow I have ever owned

Version: 2001 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: I'm a small women and it fits me great

Cons: String noise is bad.deer jump the string often. Tried everything but nothing helps much.

Full review:

This is A VERY accurate bow.it fits smaller people very good.deer jump string often and I have tried a lot of silencers and none helped the situation, if someone has a cure please let me know. This bow is made of the finest quality of materials and workmanship. I an glad to be a proud owner of a Mathews Q2 bow.

Consistent shooter

Version: 2003 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: VERY quiet, smooth draw back. Super accurate bow as well.

Cons: Draw let off could be a little higher but not bad for the time. Not too many cons.

Full review:

I bought this bow this year (2016) from a relative. I have the SQ2 so it's a little newer than this version(maybe 2004??) I had a 95' Hoyt Fastflite that I shot for YEARS but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get this bow. Very high quality, previous owner had a bum shoulder so he couldn't pull it back anymore but said this bow was one of the best he's had and I can see why. The first time I shot it, I couldn't believe how quiet it was. He had some of the Mathews "monkey tail" string silencers on there and limb savers as well. This probably has something to do with it. I will probably have this bow for a while. If you are a newer bow hunter and don't want to drop a thousand dollars on a bow w/accessories, look for a Q2 or an SQ2. Happy hunting!

This bow helped me to shoot master bowman scores. It's great.

Version: 2000 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: Good weight,fast,accurate,feels good in the hand at full draw. Great finish and very well made.

Cons: I am currently waiting for a new cam being made.Due to injury I have to shorten my draw length.A new cam is very expensive. It also takes ages to come from the USA.

Full review:

This bow is relatively easy to set up. Unfortunately you can't adjust the draw length on the cam. Once set up correctly, it is sweet to shoot. I have no intention of replacing this bow in the near future. If I can get back to shooting MB scores I will be delighted.

I shoot heavy arrows and 3 pin sight. This bow is silent and deadly. This bow will last forever.

Version: 2000 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: Properly set up it is timeless. plenty fast and easy to shoot.

Cons: nothing

Full review:

This bow is my favorite compound after 17 years. I have hunted across the county, in all kinds of weather, without a single problem. The wood handle keeps your hands from the cold and provides a good grip.

Great Bow

Version: 2000 Mathews Q2

Rating:

Pros: Accurate! short, and tough

Cons: a little heavy

Full review:

Awesome bow. I have killed more deer and hogs than I can remember since iv's the 12 years I've owned this bow. Accurate and tough as nails. When I bought this bow, it was the lightest and smallest bow going. You can't go wrong with this bow.

Add Your Review

1. Your rating:

(Hover the mouse over the stars and click to rate this bow)



(Enter the version of your your Mathews Q2 bow; required)


(Summarize your review in one line; required, max 100 characters)


(Tell us what you liked about this bow; required, max 250 characters)


(Tell us what you did not like about this bow; required, max 250 characters)


(Provide your detailed review by outlining what you like and dislike about this bow. For example, you may describe features, shootability, overall feeling, your bow setup, real IBO speeds, and your experience using this bow; optional, 200-5000 characters)


(Enter your full name; required, max 50 characters)


(Enter your location, ex. city, state, country; optional, max 50 characters)

9. Prove you are not a robot: